With the proper care, your beautiful new jewelry should last you a lifetime. Ensure that it does by following our simple jewelry care tips.
- Always keep your jewelry protected in a jewelry box.
- To reduce tarnishing, it is best to store your jewelry in a dry, airless environment with a desiccant packet.
- Store individual pieces in little plastic zip-lock bags to prevent oxidation and scratches.
- Avoid contact with all chemicals from house hold cleaning products, pool chlorine, perfume, hairspray, lotion, etc.
- If your piece shows signs of tarnish, there are many jewelry cleaning products available.
- Regular cleaning will help jewelry retain its shine. Tarnish can also be easily removed with a solution of water and a few drops of a gentle dishwashing liquid. Use a soft brush to scrub both your Limbo Jewelry silver and 14kt gold fill.
- Rinse your jewelry thoroughly with warm water and dry with a cotton cloth as tissues and paper towels may scratch the metal.
- Let the jewelry dry thoroughly before storing, as moisture speeds the tarnishing process.
- If your jewelry ever looks dull, use a jewelry polishing cloth.
- Remember to fasten your necklaces and bracelets when storing, to prevent them from getting tangled or knotted. If you find yourself with a particularly stubborn knot in a chain, your best tools are a needle and some patience.
All of our jewelry is nickel-free and lead-free.
Limbo Jewelry uses 14 karat gold-fill, which is a tube of 14kt gold bonded to a core of semi-precious metal. This process creates a material which is strong, durable, and resistant to tarnish. This characteristics make 14 karat gold-fill an affordable and durable alternative to solid gold.
Our silver is Sterling silver, which is tarnish-resistant and nickel-free. This .925 silver contains copper in the remaining .075 metal.